This interactive diagram guides you through the newborn metabolic screening process.
This diagram shows the screening process for Newborn Metabolic Screening.
- That screening is optional.
- Storing the blood spot samples taken during the screening is also optional.
- Laboratory results are sent to your LMC (Lead Maternity Carer) or your GP.
- If a result is positive, another sample is taken and/or your baby is referred for additional diagnostic testing.
- Once screening is finished, leftover bloodspots are either stored or sent back as arranged.
This site makes use of Adobe's Flash Player to present media.